(Full-time, salaried, exempt position)
Under the direct supervision of the Education & Outreach Coordinator, performs a wide
variety of duties implementing our school education program: Think First & Stay Safe
and Teen Lures. Additionally, this position offers opportunities for outreach and
Fair Haven's goal with our school education program is to help ensure the personal
safety of children and youth through increased awareness, education, advocacy and
action. Our goal is to prevent all forms of child victimization by teaching children,
families, professionals and other community members how to recognize, interrupt and
report inappropriate behaviors and situations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Must be comfortable with paperwork (physical and digital), public presentations &
● Must be aware and comfortable with Lake County's diverse demographics and
● Quick on your feet with problem solving and ease of transitioning with cool
● Professional and friendly.
● Energetic and adaptable with response to children at all age levels.
● Education in child development.
● History working with children.
● Responsible for data entry and maintenance of monthly, quarterly and annual
reports related to the program.
● Assists with community outreach.
● Effective listening and communication skills.
● Program Preparation- part of creative program planning, part of problem solving
solutions, gathering materials per class (printing, stapling, bundling).
● Organizing- materials, calendar schedule, contacts info, class numbers, calling
and confirming times/dates/names/classes/schedule with schools.
● Inventory- keeping track of materials available and compare with upcoming
● Sub teaching classes when necessary- confident with lesson materials and
● Aware of school protocols for safety and address our requirement of school
representative being present during presentations.
● Applicant must consent to and successfully complete a full background
investigation pursuant to NRS 179.180 et seq., which includes a criminal history
check and fingerprinting.
● Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form required.
● Ability to maintain accurate and complete files and data collection
● Ability to work independently with limited supervision required.
● A valid driver’s license and a working, insured vehicle required at the time of
TO BEGIN APPLICATION:
To apply for this position, submit a cover letter detailing your experience and desired
salary, a resume and a minimum of three professional references no later than 5:00
p.m. Friday, July 13, 2018.
Amee Liptak, Operations Manager
2645 Ridge Road, Highland, IN 46322
NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
Email: amee @ asafeport.org
To schedule an appointment or find out more about the services we offer, please call (219) 961-4357 or send us an email.
Or use our contact form.
Mark Your Calendar and plan to attend our Fairy Tale Ball on November 5, 2017 @ Meyer's Castle.